2021 Community Guidelines

Revisions to the guidelines include standards for roof shingles, siding, trim and wrap, and room additions. A new fence style and new standards for entry and patio doors are also included. A PDF is available for download from our website, under HOA Documents. You may follow this link directly to the guidelines: https://countryside-va.org/hoa-documents/.  

As a reminder, an Architectural Application is required for all exterior modifications on your home.

The quality of design and architectural harmony in CountrySide is maintained through a review process for all exterior alterations to the property. Specific authority for maintaining the quality of design in CountrySide is established by the Covenants and Restrictions, which are a part of every property deed.  

Article VI, Section f1 of the Covenants states:

“… except for purposes of maintenance and repair, no building, fence, wall, or other improvements or structures shall be commenced, directed, placed, moved, altered, or maintained upon The Property, nor shall any exterior addition to or change (including any change of color) or other alteration thereupon be made until the complete plans and specifications showing the location, nature, shape, height, material, color, type of construction, and any other proposed form of change (including, without limitation, any other information specified by the Design Review Committee) shall have been submitted to and approved in writing as to safety, harmony of external design, color, and location in relation to surrounding structures and topography and conformity with the design concept for the community by a Design Review Committee designated by the Board of Directors.”

So, before you undertake any exterior project, please ensure you submit an architectural application and obtain approval first.  For assistance with application requirements, please call the Proprietary office at 703-430-0715.

Stay Informed About CountrySide through E-Mail!

E-mail is the fastest, easiest, and most effective method to communication and distribute information to our residents.
Currently, over 82% of residents receive notices electronically – our goal is to reach 100%!

What is sent by e-mail?

Compliance notices, letters, and forms

Home Sale Package Disclosures

Financial Payment Confirmations

Our monthly publication, The Courier

E-mail blasts with important information, such as events and severe weather notices

Homeowners and tenants may send e-mail addresses to Erin Gilmore at erinrg.cside@pmpbiz.com.

Please be assured that we value of your privacy. E-mail addresses and personal information will not be sold, distributed, or shared with anyone.

Parking Enforcement on VDOT Streets

CountrySide Proprietary does not monitor parking, or  ticket or tow on VDOT streets.  

If you wish to report a traffic or parking problem on a  VDOT street call the non-emergency Police number at              703-777-1021

or contact the Sheriff’s Office using their traffic complaint form at:


For Loudoun County Parking Regulation 480.105, please see https://www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/77355/Item-03-Attachment?bidId=

or go to www.loudoun.gov for more information.

For VDOT road condition problems, contact VDOT  at: https://my.vdot.virginia.gov

Trail Etiquette for Bicycling

Trail Etiquette for bicycling:

Recreational paths and trails have become quite popular. As a result, trails can become very congested and safety is a major issue. Whether bicycling, walking, or jogging, following the same rules as everyone else will help you have a safer, more enjoyable time.

Trails have engineering and design limitations that require you to ride differently than you would on the road. If your preferred speed or style of cycling is inappropriate for trails, look for better suited alternative routes.

Be Courteous
All trail users, including bicyclists, joggers, and wheelchair users, should be respectful of other users, regardless of their mode of travel, speed, or skill level.

Give an Audible Signal When Passing
Give a clear signal when passing. This signal may be a bell, horn, or voice. Warn in advance so that you have time to maneuver if necessary. “Passing on your left” is the most common signal used to alert other users of your approach.

Keep Right
Stay as close to the right side of the trail as is safe, except when passing another user.

Pass on Left
Pass others who are going your direction on their left. Look ahead and behind to make sure the lane is clear before pulling out. Pass with ample separation. Do not move back to the right until safely past. Fast-moving users are responsible for yielding to slower moving users.

Clean up Litter
Do not leave any debris along the trail. If you drop something, please pick it up and carry it until you find a litter receptacle. Go the extra mile—pack out more trash than you bring in.